Android is one of the most popular smartphone operating systems. Many people around the world are using devices that run this OS on their devices. Google has done a terrific job with this mobile OS which has completely changed the way we communicate in the 21st century. Throughout the world, there are many satisfied android users. Many people who haven’t been able to experience Android are looking for ways to test it out. If you are a newbie and want to try out the OS, then there are many popular emulators available for this. In this article, we are going to be covering some of the most amazing, easy to use and effective android emulators for PC devices.
Android is a popular operating system that is currently owned by Google. The OS was first released more than a decade ago in the year of 2008. It is an open-source service that is loosely based on Linux kernels which make it wholly open-source and easy to develop on. The Android community is well-knit, and people from all around the world can develop applications for this OS as and when they please. The OS was initially being developed by Android Inc, which google purchased in 2005 and completely revolutionized the smartphone market.
What is an Emulator?
An emulator is a piece of software that can help a computer system to behave like another computer system. They are a popular means of enabling devices to become backward compatible. The term emulator became highly popular due to the gaming community. In the early 2000s, all the PC gaming fanatics who wanted to try out computer games developed console emulation software for their PC. Console emulators rapidly took over and became a thing for PC devices.
Similarly, when Android games were becoming massively popular. Many people wanted to try them out on their PC devices. This was when the race to develop Android Emulators was very high. The Android emulators help out users to run any application now.
Best Android Emulators for PC – Features & Guide
Now that we know all about emulators let’s have a look at some of the popular android emulator software. Emulation in 2020 has become much more simply because of the technological advancements and upgraded hardware on our computer devices. Here are a few android emulators that will be useful for you.
Bluestacks is one of the oldest android emulators which has remained on top of its game ever since the early days. This android emulator was released in its initial version in 2009. It was one year after the official release of Android. They are the pioneer in android emulation and offer their services for both Windows and Mac PC devices. It provides customers with flawless gaming, along with legitimate external application uses. Over the years, the application has been refined to perfection. The current version of the Emulator runs on the Android version 8. You can visit their official website at https://www.bluestacks.com/ to download the Emulator on your device.
Here are some of the critical feature highlights of the Emulator
- Customizable Game controls: The bluestacks emulator is heavily focussed on gaming, and it shows with the customizable game controls feature. It can be challenging to find the right way to emulate keyboard controls over the touch screen. This feature gives you the freedom to make your own rules and try out the services. The preset controls are designed to be the best fit, but you always have the option to improve.
- Multi Instances: With bluestacks, you can run multiple instances of the same game at the same time. It is especially useful for many MOBA gamers. This, however, is also heavily dependent on the strength of your PC hardware.
- Farm Mode: Optimization is a priority for users who have weak hardware. Bluestacks offers users with quality streaming services with a focus on your device health. The farm mode can help your CPU to remain efficient during this time.
2. NOX Player
The Nox player is a widespread multimedia android emulator and has been featured by many top android enthusiasts on PC. The best part about Nox is that it is not just limited to gaming. Here are some great features that you can get through the player. Visit the link to download this app on your PC – https://www.bignox.com/.
- App Center: The Nox player has a dedicated app centre which allows users to look for all of their favourite android apps. It is the perfect place for users to look for new games as well as download their classic favourites. The apps are efficiently categorized under various genres, allowing you to search for them quickly.
- Multi-tasking: If you are looking for an emulator which can support multiple applications at the same time, then the nox player is the best app for you. It is highly optimized to work even on PC devices with low memory.
- Controller support: It is one of the best gaming android emulators as well. The nox player allows you to play your android games on PC with the help of a controller which can run on your PC. It is fantastic to try out android games with a dedicated controller. It is a deal-breaker for many PC emulator gamers out there.
3. MEmu Player:
The MEmu player is one of the most potent android emulators available on the PC systems out there. If you want a hardcore gaming emulator, then this is the perfect companion for you. It is a lightweight emulator with a heavy focus on gaming. You can download it by visiting this link – https://www.memuplay.com/. Here are the features that you might find interesting.
- Multiple Instances: The application is well optimized to allow gamers to run multiple instances at the same time. This can be quite helpful in collecting coins and earning more XP on many games.
- Graphics: The MEmu player is one of the only emulators which has given a high emphasis on the graphics of games. As a fellow gamer, this is an excellent addition to the website and is highly appreciated.
- Smart Controls: The Emulator allows you to map your keyboard and mouse controls. The smart controls feature makes it easy for you to get used to the PC background quickly.
The Android Emulators showcased today are incredible in their way. The three are some of the most competitive software companies out there in this market. All of them have perfected the art of android emulation. It all boils down to your personal preferences along with the reasons for you to download the Emulator in the first place. These are some of the best emulators and are going to provide you with the best experience. Our editors recommend users to give Bluestacks a try because it is the oldest as well as one of the most reliable emulators available.