In the age of digitalization, people are more interested in reading e-books and the most preferred version of e-book turns out to be in the form of PDF. As an electronic image PDF has captured elements of printed document and users can view, read, navigate, print and even forward it to someone else.
If you are looking for a PDF reader for your Windows PC you can follow this guide. Here we listed the top 8 Most used PDF readers by Windows users in 2020.
Best PDF Readers for Windows in 2020:
- The most striking feature of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is that it can open multiple large files at once and users can read and annotate large volumes using this program.
- Individual documents in tab view are arranged by the layout.
- With the help of the latest annotation tools, you can highlight text, fill and sign forms and add comments.
- PDFs can be saved Adobe’s cloud storage and you can open them from various cloud services like Box, Microsoft OneDrive and Dropbox.
- Files are tracked and sent with real-time notification.
- Tab view for numerous documents
- Large PDFs can be handled with ease
- Comparatively large
2. Nitro Reader
- PDFs can be created from over 300 file formats.
- You can drag and drop files for creating documents instantly.
- Customization tools like font, color, embedding, orientation, output quality, and page size are available which can be utilized for customizing PDFs.
- You can address feedback, add comment, strike-out or underline text.
- View PDF quickly, add text and collaborate. For its intuitive user interface, all these can be done without the learning curve.
- With digital signatures, bookmarks and comments, review pane automatically displays when a PDF is opened.
- Make your documents password-protected to save and secure your signature.
- Simple ribbon-style menu
- Useful annotation tools
- Uncomfortable update system
- Occasional issues with file sizes
3. Foxit Reader
- Using Foxit Reader, PDFs can be created from scratch.
- Integration with Microsoft Office enables users to easily turn documents into a PDF.
- Turning an image or document into a PDF, you can it using Foxit Reader.
- The interface is dominated by editing tabs in an extensive number.
- You can add shortcuts to Quick Action Toolbar located in the top left.
- It comes with a large number of advanced options like typewriter option, text markup, form handling, managing reviews, digital signatures, tracking changes and many more.
- You have additional access control with this software.
- Lightweight download
- PDFs can be created
- Extensions are required for some features
- A wide range of file formats can be converted into PDFs.
- You can transform any PDF from and to Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel without losing any font or formatting.
- A complete set of commenting tools has been provided so that users can review and mark-up PDFs.
- Signature workflows are defined and PDFs can be sent to others for contract execution and signature approval.
- You can add certified digital signatures to help recipients invalidating the integrity and authenticity of documents.
- Protect your PDFs with passwords to restrict permission to copying, altering or printing.
- Sensitive information like specific text or illustrations from PDF documents can be erased permanently.
- Advanced OCR feature of this software supports 17 popular languages
- Simple user-interface allows users to load 300+ different formats
- Embedded OCR feature enables users to view scanned images easily.
- While creating PDFs, it does not support to embed video files
5. PDF Xchange Viewer
- Comments and annotations can be added to any PDF.
- Add and change custom stamps from PDF or image as well as the Windows clipboard.
- Reader default settings can be exported and imported.
- Entire files or PDF pages can be exported to any supported image formats including JPEG, PNG, TIFF, BMP and so on.
- Navigate your large and complex PDF files with the extended functionality of “Pan” and “Loupe” Window tools.
- Using Drag-and-Drop in Thumbnails, move pages of your documents.
- Send PDFs from viewers via email.
- Tabbed interface enables users to process multiple PDFs at a time
- It can create PDFs from links as well as existing files
- Unpaid version comes with limited features
- It appears to be a bit expensive
6. Sumatra PDF Reader
- PFDs and e-books can be easily viewed in MOBI and EPUB formats. Other supported file formats are XPS, CHM, DjVu, CBR, and CBZ reader files.
- A lightning-fast, hassle-free PDF reader that comes with an uncluttered interface.
- MuPDF library is used by this software to render PDFs.
- This software consists of one file with no external dependencies.
- It is multi-lingual software with translations contributed by 69 communities.
- Its in-built easy-start-up feature saves time as well as allows conversion previews
- It has been integrated with advanced features such as merging, watermarking and profiles
- Simple viewer
- Limited features are available
- Inefficient optimization controls
7. Slim PDF Reader
- It is packed with essential features that enable users to enjoy seamless editing.
- Slim PDF Reader is compatible with Microsoft’s OneDrive storage space.
- Fantastic read mode allows users to read their documents clearly.
- You can customize your conversion by choosing a particular single line, page or paragraph for conversion.
- Critical PDF can be turned into editable Word documents. You can choose from available options for Word output: Text, Frames, and Standard for changing levels of editing.
- You can merge and split PDF instantly.
- Convert your PDF to an Excel format with Slim PDF Reader. Complex PDF table data can be converted to Excel with pinpoint precision. You don’t have to worry about cleaning up poorly formatted output results.
- You can recover CAD drawings by changing PDF to DXF and DWG.
- Business PDF presentations and visual content can be transferred into editable PowerPoint slides.
- You can have advanced editing features with this software.
- Multi-language support is found with this software.
- Modify blocks and lines of text seamlessly by customizing font, size, and color of the text.
- Lightweight application
- Easy and simple navigation
- It supports basic PDF features only
- Intuitive, reliable and portable software can convert PDFs from more than 300 file formats.
- With its web-based mode, its advanced features can be accessed on any device with a web browser.
- You can modify content by customizing the structure of documents to suit your needs better.
- Legally binding e-signatures can be sent and collected.
- Create digitally fillable forms as surveys and invoices.
- Its latest E-sign service appears to be a secure and reliable e-signing tool. All your signing needs will be satisfied with Soda PDF Reader. Through this app, prepare, send and track your packages. It is not necessary for recipients to register. They can easily e-sign using any device with browsers.
- Advanced security features and collaboration are offered by Soda PDF Reader for enhancing productivity and those features are also very easy to use.
- All Soda PDF features can be accessed in cloud from any device.
- It has already gained popularity as a PDF reader for its multiple deployment choices, volume licensing discounts and customer support agents.
- You can annotate PDF documents
- Merge many PDFs into a single one as well as split a PDF into multiple files.
- OCR can be used to unlock text within scanned images and docs.
- Different modes for reading, highlights, and multi-document tab-viewing are supported by this software
- It comes with the facility of cloud storage services including Microsoft OneDrive and Google Drive
- The licensed version turns out to be a bit expensive
- OCR feature may crash sometimes
Have a great experience of reading your favorite e-books in PDF format installing any of this software in your Windows compatible device. Create, convert and share your PDFs with your friends and acquaintances with a PDF reader software that suits your needs best.