Amazon is one of the biggest E-Commerce websites which exists on the planet. They have been investing heavily in themselves for more than two decades now. The E-Commerce giant offers High-Quality Services to the customers at extremely affordable prices. The Amazon Prime membership allows you to experience instant delivery in some regions and at least one day delivery all around the world.
It is one of the real success stories from Silicon Valley, which has taken the world by a storm. Many people have enrolled in the Amazon Prime program because of its fantastic delivery speeds and added benefits. For some, however, this can be an unnecessary expenditure, especially if you do not order much online. Today we are going to be having a look at how to cancel the Amazon Prime membership.
Brief Information About Amazon Prime:
We all know about Amazon and how they are one of the biggest tech companies in Silicon Valley currently. Jeff Bezos has given almost all of his life resources into building the Amazon company from the ground up. The Amazon brand has always put the customer first and makes sure that you have an excellent overall experience when you make an online purchase through their website.
The Amazon website came up with the Prime program to provide customers with added benefits. Amazon Prime is a paid subscription-based service offered by the site, which gives the user access to features that are otherwise unavailable to a regular user.
If you make a lot of purchases from Amazon, then the Prime program is undoubtedly the best investment you can never make. Users get access to fast delivery on all orders. In many regions, Amazon also offers delivery within just 2 hours. Currently, Amazon Prime has over 150 million subscribers who use the services regularly.
This is a considerable achievement for the business because this means at least 150 million people make regular purchases on the platform. This will amount to billions in revenue over the years.
Benefits of Amazon Prime:
There are multiple Amazon Prime features which can be useful for everyone around the world. Amazon is undoubtedly working on building a self-sustainable Ecosystem. The Amazon Prime subscription is at the center of this ecosystem. Let’s have a look at what all we can do with the help of this subscription.
- Quick Delivery: If you make many orders from the Amazon website regularly, then the prime membership is a must-have for you. It will allow users to get Rapid fast delivery for free of cost. You can make the purchase without having to pay any extra charges apart from the prime membership and the price of the good. The savings on the delivery cost itself will pay for the Amazon Prime membership by the end of the year.
- Prime Music: Amazon offers its customers with the Spotify like music streaming service. This music streaming service is a paid subscription for people who are not signed up with Amazon Prime. People who already have an Amazon Prime account can get access to the premium features of Amazon music. You can download your favorite songs on your device and keep them ready for offline play on the go.
- Prime Video: Amazon Prime Video is one of the major entertainment platforms that took the world by storm in 2021. There are hundreds of hours of content on the website, and you get access to all of this free if you have already signed up for Amazon Prime. Some of the major TV shows like The Office US and much exclusive content like Jack Ryan are available on this website.
- Prime Reading: Amazon also has a great history with people who love to read books. In the very initial days of the website, they were just a bookselling company online. Today the prime feature gives you access to free magazines and books. This is, however, separate from the Kindle environment.
- Prime Pantry: Prime pantry is another excellent feature that provides users with the ability to order food items online at affordable prices and fast delivery. Amazon suggests that people buy multiple nonperishable food items at the same time so that they can get quick delivery for affordable prices.
- Prime Now: Amazon Prime is now one of the more recent features that have been added to the website. For a minor extra charge, people can order and get their goods delivered within 2 hours. This feature is, however, limited to just a few geographical regions within the USA, Italy, Germany, Japan, Singapore, UK, France, and Spain.
Why should you cancel your subscription?
Well, all of these great features sound too good to be true. The thing is you would never be able to utilize all of these features regularly. Most of these features are surplus to the requirements of many individuals.
Currently, in the time of the Coronavirus pandemic delivery of goods is very uncertain, and you would not be using the service anyway for safety reasons. The economic situation is also not likely to get better anytime soon. Many people are trying to save money, and hence the cancellation of your Amazon Prime membership makes sense.
How to Cancel Amazon Prime Membership?
To cancel your Amazon Prime subscription, follow the given guideline, and you will be good to go.
- On your desktop, open up the browser. Here you can enter the Amazon link of your region and visit the website. If you are on your smartphone, then open up the Amazon application.
- On the Amazon app or Amazon website, sign in to your Amazon Prime account. You can find the sign-in option at the top right corner of the webpage. Enter your correct details, and you will be good to go.
- On the Amazon website, you will find the account options. This is where your name is written on the site. Click on your name and head over to the account settings.
- Select the prime option in your Amazon account page. Here you will find the option to discontinue your Amazon Prime membership.
- You will be prompted to enter your password again to confirm the cancellation.
That’s it! Now your Amazon Prime Membership is successfully Cancelled. And remember from now you can longer use any of Amazon Prime benefits like Prime Video, Music, etc.