Google Chrome is one of the most popular web browsers, which is widely recognized all around the world. The Google ecosystem is quite amazing, and many people have signed up to use their services. The browser is quite effortless and is instantly the first thing that people download when they install Windows on the devices. Google Chrome has completely changed the way we browse the internet. The popularity of the Google search engine has instantly helped the web browser to become a hit among the masses. Today the application is available on all platforms, including Mac, Linux, Android, and IOS. All Android devices come with Google Chrome preinstalled.
We all want to stay up to date with our internet news. To keep continuing browsing the internet at Rapid fast speeds, we need to ensure that our web browser is also updated. Google Chrome is so reliable that it can work smoothly, even if we miss out on a few updates. It is, however, always a good idea to keep your browser updated to avoid any bugs and online security threats.
How Do Chrome Updates Works?
The Google Chrome Browser is open automatically updated when you are not using the application. The Chrome auto Updater works on PC devices flawlessly. With this, you can and make sure that your browser is always on the latest version. Auto-updates rarely don’t work and are often quite reliable. The only scenario where auto-updates would not work includes when you have not closed the Chrome application for quite some time. You can check if updates are pending by merely opening the browser.
- If the icon is green, then you have recently missed an update that has been out for less than two days.
- If the icon is orange, then the update has been out for around four days.
- If the icon is red, then the update has been out for a week or more.
Now that we know how to check the status of our Chrome application. We also learn if the browser is out of date. Let’s have a look at how to update Chrome for various devices.
How to update Chrome on PC?
Chrome is available on Windows, Mac, and LINUX devices. The procedure to update the browser on all of these devices is similar. Two specific ways are using which we can update the Chrome Browser on a PC device.
- Automatic Update
- Manual Update
Follow the given guidelines to update your browser.
- Open Browser: Fire up your computer and open the Google Chrome Browser on your device. Now head over to the top right corner of your browser to check the status.
- Check Status: Click on the icon with three dots on the top right corner to check whether your browser is up to date. If it is not, you will find an update Chrome button on clicking the icon.
- Click on Update Chrome: Click on this update Chrome button to start the procedure. This will automatically download the latest version of the browser in the background. Once the download is finished, the browser will close automatically and install the newest version.
To update the browser manually step by step follow –
- Open up the browser: Log into your computer and open up the Google Chrome browser, to begin with, the update procedure. You can again check the status of your browser with the help of the three dots icon on the top right corner.
- Search for chrome updates: In the address bar of the web browser search for Google Chrome updates. This should take you to the official Google Chrome download page. Here you can choose to download the installation file of Google Chrome’s latest version.
- Download Installation File: Download the installation file for the latest version of the application.
- Install: Run and start with the installation procedure. The download is relatively quick and can be done within a few seconds. This will complete your manual installation, and you will be good to go.
How to Update Chrome on Android?
Android smartphone devices often update all of their applications automatically in the background when you are not using them. In case the update does not take place automatically, you can check whether the form is up to date by opening up Chrome. You can check out the status of your Chrome browser by opening it up and looking at the tab button on the app. If the tab shows an arrow symbol, then the application needs to be updated.
Follow the given guidelines to update your Chrome browser on Android.
- On the Android device to start with an update, you need to open up the Google Play Store. In the Google Play Store, search for the Chrome browser. You can also open up the following link to take you directly to the Google Play Store link for Chrome. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.android.chrome&hl=en_IN
- Here you can find the update now button if the application is not at its latest version. Click on the update button to start the process.
- The update download of the application will take place in the background and will automatically get installed with the help of the Android Application Updater.
How to Update Chrome on iOS?
Popular iOS devices include the iPhone and iPad. These are the only two devices that are currently capable of running Google Chrome Browser on them. Usually, Apple also has an automatic app update software that will make sure that all of your applications are up to date. In case you are unsure if Google Chrome is updated or not, then you can visit the Apple Store to check.
Open up the App Store on your iPad or iPhone and search for Google Chrome. If the application is not up-to-date, you will find the update now button on the screen of the app store. You can also visit the following link – https://apps.apple.com/us/app/apple-store/id535886823.
Open up the app store and in the profile, option-click on the app updates button. Here you will find the list of applications that are not up-to-date. If Chrome is in this list, then click on the app and it will start the update.