The iPhone is one of the most popular smartphones of the 21st century. Over the years, it has become instantly recognizable all around the world. Every year Apple releases a new version of the iPhone to its customers. This time around, it has been the iPhone SE 2020. The connectivity on iOS devices throughout platforms is impeccable, however. Whenever you are upgrading your iPhone to a newer one, you can seamlessly transfer data. Moving contacts from iPhone to iPhone is easy. Today we are going to have a look at how to move contacts from iPhone to Mac.
It is always a good idea to keep multiple backups. Your laptop might just be the best place to save your contacts. There are many options through which you can do this. We’ll have a look at all the possible ones. Here are the various methods to move contacts from iPhone to Mac.
Move Contacts From iPhone to Mac – Multiple Methods
Method #1: iTunes Method
The iTunes software for iPhone backups is the oldest method. The platform works on both Mac and Windows devices. On Mac devices, the iTunes software comes preinstalled. This makes things a lot simple for users. If you are an Apple iPhone user, then syncing is comfortable with iTunes. All it requires to take a backup of all your phone data is connecting the device. iTunes has been around ever since the release of the first iPhone. It helps users to stay connected and save their personal data. The only issue with iTunes is that it cannot take selective backups. In this method, we will be taking backup of the entire phone. It is, therefore, a little slow process and can take some time. It is, however, effortless, and thus we recommend it to all our readers. Follow the guide to know more.
- The first step is to open up the iTunes application on your Mac. Make sure that the software is up to date. The latest version of iTunes will make things easy and smooth. Apple stores will notify you automatically in case your iTunes version is not the latest one. In this scenario, update iTunes to continue the process.
- The next step in the process is to connect your iPhone to the Mac. This can be done quickly by plugging in the device. The iPhone should get automatically detected on your device. Having a mac device makes things a lot easier for iPhone users. All you have to do is just plug and play. Use your lightning cable to connect your device. iTunes will pick up your device name, version, etc. and display it on your screen.
- In the iTunes application, select your device name. Head over to the summary option of the device. In the method, summary scroll down a little to find the backups option. Here you can select the automatic backup option. You can also force an immediate backup. This can be done by clicking on the reserve now button. It is available under the manual backups section. It will be essential for keeping your contacts updated on your Mac.
You can now quickly transfer this backup to any other online device. Or keep it stored for future use.
Method #2: iCloud method:
iCloud is another accepted method using which you can move contacts. Every iPhone around the world is connected to the iCloud network. It has been done to ensure that your essential data is safe. It also provides you easy accessibility when you choose to upgrade. With iOS, you always have a contacts backup ready through iCloud. You can sync your contacts effortlessly through the iCloud platform. Later on, this backup can be transferred to your Mac as a vCard file.
You can access your iPhone’s iCloud anywhere. On Mac devices, it is made more accessible because of Apple to Apple connectivity. Mac devices are also synced with iCloud, so chances are your contacts are already updated. Here is how you can manually move your contacts from iPhone to Mac using iCloud. Follow the guide.
Head over to your iOS device to make sure that your backups are up to date. Go to your device settings and head over to the iCloud option. In the iCloud settings, enable the automatic sync of contacts. It is usually automatically enabled. You can manually enable it as well if it is not. Now that your contacts are automatically getting backed up let’s head over to our Macbook.
- Open up the browser on your Macbook. Head over to the following link to open up the iCloud web page. Here is the official link to iCloud – https://www.icloud.com/. Alternatively, you can directly open up the iCloud app.
- On your iCloud account, click on the sign-in option. Enter your Apple ID details to start with the backup procedure. Once you are signed in you, need to go to the contacts option.
- In the contacts option of iCloud, you can easily export the vCard. Select all the contacts you want to save. Head over to the settings icon at the bottom left. Click on the Export vCard option to save.
Method #1: 3rd Party Software – EaseUs MobiMover
iCloud might not be accessible due to many reasons. If you want to take an alternative route, then EaseUs can be of help. Their MobiMover app is there to help us out. It is available on all platforms and can be quite simple to use. You can download it on Windows and Mac devices using this link – https://www.easeus.com/phone-transfer/mobimover-free.html. They excel in backup and restore facilities. The only issue is that they are a paid service and require a subscription plan. They also have a freeware version of this app. We recommend it only when other options are not available.
Backup and restore options are quite popular methods to save contacts. There are multiple methods to move your contacts from iPhone to Mac. In our article, we were able to cover the majority of them. We hope you have a little more clarity about how to save your contacts. You can choose to use any of the three provided methods to your advantage. It is always a good idea to have multiple backups. This can prove to be a useful decision when the time is right. You still run the risk of accidentally losing your phone and the data on it. Our favorite method is the iCloud way. It automates the entire backup and restores the process for your contacts.