Zoom is one of the newest video calling applications available on all platforms. It is a high-quality industrial-grade service, which is becoming a massive part of our day to day lives because of the coronavirus pandemic. Colleges Universities and schools All Around The World are making use of this video calling platform to continue with their classes online. In many parts of the world, it is one of the significant applications which has helped students to stay in during this pandemic. Windows and Mac OS are the two major operating systems that are widely popular among the masses. If you are someone who is new to video calling and has a Mac device, then the Zoom application is perfect for you. Today we are going to have a look at Zoom for Mac devices and how it can be beneficial for you.
How to Use Zoom on Mac?
Zoom Video Communications is a web-based video-conferencing application that has received mainstream popularity within a few months. The website was released in 2011 and has offered users with high-quality video calling services at reasonable prices. The application-based service can also be used for free with limitations on video call durations. The company is based out of San Jose, California, which is the center of Silicon Valley. It provides consumers with access to a free of cost virtual video conferencing service which combines aspects of virtual meeting, online chat, messaging, and mobile collaborations. The application has wholly taken over the world by surprise in the wake of the recent coronavirus epidemic. The video conferencing feature of the website allows teachers to conduct online classes. The application holds immense importance in the society now.
Zoom for Mac – Latest Features
Zoom video calling service has a lot of features to offer. It has been around for more than nine years, and over 2,000 employees are continually working to make this service better every day. Before signing up for any service, it is essential to know their features. Let’s have a look at the features of the Zoom app.
- Meetings: Zoom application allows you to host virtual meetings over the internet. It can be quite beneficial for users in the workplace. Many businesses also use this platform to provide their customers with technical support. It will enable you to help in the skill-building of your employees or students.
- Video Webinars: A video webinar is the perfect video conference for people who want to present to the masses. It is an effective form of communication when you want to talk to a lot of people about something. It is especially useful for mass video marketing and releasing essential messages to a closed audience. This can be a form of a virtual Town Hall meeting.
- Conferences: When real-life conferences cannot take place, many people make use of Zoom conference features. Businesses that are spread all around the globe can have their meetings through virtual conferences using this platform among the different regional heads. The use of this technology helps to make quick decisions that can be implemented.
- Screen Sharing: During all the video webinars and conferences, users can also decide to share their computer screens. This is especially useful for professional meetings. The host of the meeting can display presentations, and the rest can learn more about it through an interactive video call. It offers users with a much better interaction over the internet.
- Phone Calls: Zoom takes making calls to the next level by offering customers with a phone call system that is well developed. Their services have been called industry-grade and have a high level of efficiency. It is truly the future of making phone calls. It is a global platform to make phone calls all around the world at unified prices.
- Chat: Everyone wants to have a friendly little chat after work or class. The Zoom chat feature is entirely sufficient for businesses to have an informal means of communication within the official channel. After a virtual meeting, you can take up conversations on the same platform.
Use Scenarios Of Zoom:
The Zoom Application is going to be useful for people in many circumstances. There are a lot of work, school, and personal scenarios in which the application can be helpful. Currently, the app is being heavily used for hosting virtual meetings and conferences by workplaces. Classrooms are going online with the help of the app as well through the video meeting and conference feature. It is definitely a time where video calling has become extremely crucial for all of us.
1. Company calls
Zoom is one of the most popular forms of internal Communications Among many big businesses and even for small scale industries. The platform is used to provide consumers with sales calls, take customer feedback, internal training as well as for advertisement on a small scale. It is one of the most common use scenarios of the application, and many industry users recognize it well. Many people who are currently working from home are making use of this application to their advantage.
2. Distant Learning
Now that we are all social distancing and our stock in our homes, learning has become almost impossible. Thanks to the Zoom application college, school, and University, students can still have access to the classrooms at least virtually. It is an essential component of distance learning in today’s time. Institution policies are changing to allow teachers and students to get their education online.
The web-based client is the most well-equipped application to handle this pandemic. It has certainly helped out millions of people who have been affected by this. There are many factors that we considered while coming with our overall rating of the application. Some of these were as follows.
- Ease of Use
- Video Call Quality
- Sharing Capabilities
- Hosting issues
- Networking requirements
- Mobile and PC version availability and Quality
- Flow of Discussions on the app
We would thus like to give the application a rating of 9.5/10
Steps to Download Zoom on Mac:
To get the application on your Mac devices, you can follow the given guidelines and use them to your advantage.
- On your Mac device, open up your browser and head over to the Zoom web page. You can select the following link – https://zoom.us/
- Head over to the get zoom option and download the app for your Mac Device.
- Run the downloaded install file, and you will be good to go.
If you face any issues in above mentioned steps do let us know in comments section below. We will try to help you out!